Targeted instruction with proprietary course materials and hands-on consultants who deliver instruction. Advanced Integrated Solutions, Inc. is your training partner when it comes to the best IT software training in the industry.
Our instructors are all top notch, working consultants in the disciplines they teach with hands on architectural, engineering, and operational experience. All of our instructors are certified and have multiple years designing, implementing and teaching the solutions our courses are built around.
We build our course materials and labs based on our consultants’ real-world experiences with the solutions we provide instruction on. Courses are built to provide a combination of instructor presentations reinforced with hands-on labs.
We offer BigFix and Maximo courses that are exclusive offerings from AIS. We offer these proprietary courses, as private, tailored classes that allow us to emphasize those areas that most important to our customers.
Our Delivery Model
Classes are offered in a virtual (web delivered) or on-site format. We also offer private courses through Advanced Integrated Solutions, Inc. and public classes through our global training partners – LearnQuest & TechData. Our BigFix courses have been vetted and validated by HCL, IBM, LearnQuest and TechData and are their accepted standard.
BigFix Operator Fundamentals―2-days
BigFix combines endpoint and security management into a single solution that enables your team to see and manage physical and virtual endpoints. Rapidly re-mediate, protect, and report on endpoints in real-time by automating time-intensive tasks across complex networks, controlling costs, reducing risk, and supporting compliance. This course will present introductory to intermediate level knowledge to administrators and operators of BigFIx helping them develop the foundational knowledge they need to successfully leverage BigFix in their managed environments.
- Discuss architecture and component configuration
- Perform daily operations to support managed environment
- Report on managed environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting
BigFix Compliance enforces continuous compliance with security policies throughout an organization for every endpoint both on and off the corporate network. It includes out-of-the-box support for most popular security benchmarks published by CIS, DISA STIG, USGCB and PCI-DSS. An intelligent agent on every endpoint will monitor, enforce, and report on the security configuration status of the endpoint in real-time regardless of OS type or location. In this course, students will learn to interact and operate the BigFix Compliance solution. They will gain a solid understanding of the various components of the solution and will be able to configure, operate, develop reports, perform maintenance tasks, and troubleshoot BigFix Compliance.
- Understand Key BigFix Compliance Concepts
- Understand the Features and Functions of BigFix Compliance
- Learn to Configure and Operate BigFix Compliance
- Create custom reports including creating groups; checklist targeting and exception
- Understand how to maintain BigFix Compliance
- Be able to perform basic troubleshooting techniques
BigFix Patch provides an automated, simplified patching process that is administered from a single console. It provides real-time visibility and enforcement to deploy and manage patches to endpoints helping to cut operational costs and reduce patch cycle times. In this course, students will gain a solid understanding of the various components of the solution and will be able to configure, operate, develop reports, perform maintenance tasks, and troubleshoot BigFix Patch.
- Gain insight into BigFix Patch’s major offerings
- Understand the Patch release process
- Learn how to create, deploy and rollback, Windows Patches
- Learn how to create, deploy and rollback, UNIX / Linux Patches
- Learn how to optimize your patching routines including air-gapped networks
- Learn how to automate your patching processes with Wizards
- Understanding Dashboard functionality
- Perform basic troubleshooting techniques for application and platform issues
BigFix Inventory provides valuable insight into what software your organization owns—and what software it has installed but does not own—along with how often the software is being used. It supports better planning, budgeting and hardware and software license compliance, while mitigating security risk. In this course, students will gain a solid understanding of the various components of the solution and will be able to configure, operate, develop reports, perform maintenance tasks, and troubleshoot BigFix Inventory.
- Understand Key BigFix Inventory Concepts
- Understand the Features and Functions of BigFix Inventory
- Learn to Configure and Operate BigFix Inventory
- Create custom reports for both applications and infrastructure
- Understand how to maintain BigFix Inventory (Platform and Application Management)
- Be able to perform basic troubleshooting techniques
BigFix Content and Relevance―2-days
In this BigFix Content and Relevance course, students will learn the basic Relevance constructs used to create Relevance expressions, how to manipulate various Relevance objects and properties, debugging methods, and how to create Fixlets, tasks, automatic computer groups, Retrieved Properties, and Analyses. The last day is dedicated to developing action scripts for use by Fixlets and tasks.
- Gain a base understanding of BigFix Content
- Learn about how BigFix Content is organized including Domains and Sites
- Learn how to examine BigFix Content and the differences between Fixlets and Tasks
- Learn about Baselines, Computer Groups, Properties, Analyses and Actions, Tools and Objects
- Learn how to use the Fixlet Debugger, WebUI Query Channel, and BigFix Console
- Gain an understanding of the BigFix Relevance Language
- Write basic Relevance Statements
- Create Content Using the BES Console to Perform Basic Troubleshooting
BigFix Advanced Content & Relevance―2-days
This course is focused on expanding students’ understanding of Relevance by building on the skills learned in the ‘AIS BigFix Content and Relevance’ class. The class will cover advanced Relevance topics as well as teaching students how to combine concepts and create ever more complex Relevance and Action Scripts. In this class students will not be following specific exercise steps. Instead they will use the skills and knowledge gained in the previous course to solve challenges by writing their own Relevance and content. This free-style approach will demonstrate the flexibility and power of Relevance by allowing students to come up with different approaches to solve the same problem. Post-challenge discussions will be used to contrast the different student approaches and highlight the one that accomplishes the task in the most efficient manner. The objective of the course is to allow students to look at Relevance as a multi-dimensional approach to a problem as opposed to a single-path workflow.
- Working with Floating Point objects / percent
- Concatenation and Formatting of output
- Alphabetized lists
- Filesystem search using BES Client
- Parsing local client site data in custom properties
- Imbedding Relevance and operating system commands in a single action script
- Combining Properties to trigger policy actions
- Imbedding dynamic operator input at runtime in Action Script
BigFix Lifecycle delivers the comprehensive and powerful approach that IT management needs today. Its single agent, single console technology provides real-time visibility into the state of endpoints and gives administrators advanced functionality for managing those endpoints. In this course, students will learn to use BigFix to discover and inventory resources, deploy operating systems (OSs), deploy patches, distribute software, and work with web reports.
- Gain a basic understanding of the BigFix portfolio and architecture
- Learn to use and configure the operator Console
- Explore and learn to use the BigFix Web User Interface
- Create and deploy patches manually and through automation by using policies
- Learn about Fixlets, Tasks, and Baselines and when to use them
- Learn about Roles and Users
- Explore and create Web Reports
- Learn to work with and use Server Automation
- Learn to work with and use Software Distribution
- Learn to work with and use OS Deployment
- Perform basic troubleshooting of all components
BigFix IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT)―4-days
IBM® License Metric Tool (ILMT), a subset of BigFix Inventory, helps IBM Passport Advantage® (PA) customers determine their full and sub-capacity processor value units (PVU) licensing requirements. It helps calculate the number of PVUs available to installed Passport Advantage PVU-based software, including supported virtualized servers. This course will present material that will help ILMT Operators develop the foundational knowledge they need to successfully utilize ILMT to manage their IBM software licensing requirements and help maintain an audit ready posture.
- Gain an understanding of the ILMT Architecture and Platform Components
- Learn to install the Base Platform and configure the ILMT and Analytics Server
- Explore and learn about ILMT’s Capabilities and Functionality
- Learn about Software and Capacity Scans. IBM Software Inventory, PVU Licensing, managing Data Imports and Computer Groups
- Learn to generate ILMT reports
- Learn about Software Classification: Confirming, Assigning, Tagging/Excluding, and Re-bundling
- Learn to perform basic troubleshooting techniques
BigFix Consulting and Engineering Mechanics
Under Development – ETA December 2019
- IBM Maximo Asset Management Fundamentals v7.6.x
- IBM Control Desk Foundations v7.6x
- Certified Operator
- Certified Master Operator
- Certified Engineer
- Certified Master Engineer
IBM Maximo Asset Management Fundamentals V7.6.X Badge powered by Tech Data